How to calculate the number of foam blocks for building a house
The construction of any object begins with the drafting and estimates. And if the calculation of the required number of materials in the production of professionals involved, then if you independently build a private house or other buildings, the developer must deal with this himself. How to calculate the number of foam blocks when building a private building from this material? Solve such an important task when building a house or farm building is not at all difficult, if you know and take into account several important nuances.
- Construction of basement levels.
- The construction of bearing internal and external walls.
- Creating partitions.
- Masonry contouring additional layer.
The reason for such a high popularity of blocks of foam concrete are their advantages. It:
- Ecological cleanliness - for the production of blocks, sand, cement and foaming agent are used.
- Heat-saving properties. The porous structure is an excellent obstacle for cold and heat, thanks to this, the house maintains a stable temperature.
- Resistance to chemical mixtures, fire, temperature extremes.
- A small weight, which makes it possible to use material for erecting buildings on unstable soils and not to create heavy heavy foundations for them.
- Fast laying. The products are much larger in size than the brick, so the masonry of the walls will be much faster.
- Ease of processing. The foam blocks can be easily shortened, if necessary, to obtain an element of the desired size. In addition, they are easy to create channels to lay pipes, electrical wiring and other communications.
Counting of materials
To calculate the number of foam blocks for building a house, you must consider the following parameters:
- The volume of load-bearing elements.
- Area of the building. Specifically, the area of the walls.
- Number of running meters.
Since there are no standard indicators for these measurements, therefore, when counting, it is necessary to proceed from the dimensions of the building and the blocks themselves.
Penoblochnye products of different sizes are produced. For external walls, blocks of 20 x 30 x 60 cm are used. For the erection of bearing walls, they are laid on the ribs in rows so that the layer is 2 elements thick. Then the thickness of the walls will be sufficient (40 cm) and will withstand all loads. If you spread out in one layer, the wall thickness will be only 30 cm and this is not enough to maintain the weight of the walls and roofs themselves.
Further it is necessary to calculate the number of foam blocks for internal partitions that are not carrier. For their erection, articles with dimensions of 10 x 30 x 60 cm are suitable.
Features of counting the right amount of material
To correctly and competently calculate the number of foam blocks, it is necessary to divide the sections of the building into groups:
- The first is the bearing outer walls.
- The second is the bearing inner walls.
- Third - internal partitions, which do not carry any loads.
When choosing the material, it is necessary to take into account the number of storeys of the future building. For internal partitions, which are subject to a small load, foam concrete products of the brand D400 or D500 are suitable. For a two-story house you will need to purchase more durable foam blocks - D600 or D700. If a three-storey building is being constructed, foam blocks D800 and D900 are needed.
To calculate the number of foam blocks, break the object into groups, count the parameters of each of them. From these indicators calculate the area occupied by windows and doors. And the doors are both external and internal.
To the obtained figure, it is necessary to add a certain number of blocks of their foamed concrete - in case the damaged products are found or the cut is incorrectly made and the block does not fit, you will need to use the following. In other words, there should always be a small supply.
If they coincide, then everything is considered correct, if not - somewhere a mistake is made and it will be necessary to double-check all the figures. How to calculate using each method? About this further.
Counting by quadrature
- Calculate the perimeter: 8 x 2 + 8 x 2 = 32 m.
- Divide the resulting figure by the length of the foam block (0.6 m). 32 m: 0.6 m = 54 pcs.
- Calculate how many rows there will be - the height of the floor (3 m) divided by the height of the block (0,2): 3,0: 0,2 = 15.
- Now the number of blocks of one row remains to be multiplied by the number of rows: 54 x 15 = 810 pieces.
Now it is necessary to subtract from the received figure those products which will be superfluous because of presence of windows and doors. Since the initial stock is planned at a rate of 8-10%, then it is possible not to calculate the openings. But for an example, you still have to calculate. If the total amount of windows on the first floor is 20 square meters. M, this figure is multiplied by 5.56 and gets minus 111 pieces from the total figure. Similarly, the calculation of the remaining floors is made if the building is classical. If the construction of the attic is planned, the calculation will need to be changed, calculating only the triangular pediments. For this, the length of the attic (8 m) is multiplied by the height (3 m) and the resulting value divided by 2, it turns out to be 12 m: 0.6 m = 20 pieces per side.
To calculate the number of foam blocks by volume, use the same data of the house dimensions: height 3 m, perimeter 32 m. After multiplying the data, the volume is 96 m. Now it is necessary to multiply this figure by 0.3 - the height of the masonry. It will be 28.8 cubic meters. One cubic meter is 27.7 standard foam blocks. Multiplying by the number of required cubes you can get the required quantity of products - 798 pieces. This - on the construction of the first floor.
If you do not want to make any calculations, you can use the calculator on any of the construction sites on the Web or contact the project office.