According to the laws, a lawyer is a person who receives the corresponding status in the prescribed manner.
The work of a lawyer is promising and well paid for today. This profession is very in demand, as many people turn to specialists who can provide highly qualified legal assistance.
How to become a lawyer?
The salary of attorneys reaches 35-100 thousand rubles, which depends on experience and qualification. How much does it cost to become a lawyer? Parents of the future lawyer will have to spend on training from 23 to 245 thousand rubles, depending on the level and popularity of the institution.
It should be noted that only those persons who have graduated from a legal university that has state accreditation become a lawyer. An advocate can also work a person who has a degree in the specialty called "Jurisprudence".
Legal status of attorneys
The status of an attorney is regulated by legal acts that take into account all the nuances of obtaining a certificate that entitles to legal activity.
A lawyer is a person who represents the interests of individuals in labor disputes, in courts or in the resolution of relevant tax cases. It is worth noting that he is not always the defender of the accused party, since the victims can also hire a specialist to obtain legal assistance.
If you specify what you need to become a lawyer, you should mention the mandatory passing of appropriate exams in oral and written form. In case of unsatisfactory results, repeated testing can be done not earlier than in a year.
Additional conditions for obtaining a lawyer status
If you are interested in how to become a lawyer, it is worth knowing that adequate education is not enough. Obligatory is passing, as already noted, of the bar examination, which is accepted by the qualification commission of the institution in which it is planned to work. The written part of the exam includes computer testing. At oral examination of the future worker check on readiness for work, and also on moral and business qualities.
It is also necessary to have the relevant work experience. So, a person should work for a legal profession for a minimum of two years or undergo an internship within a year in any law office. It is worth noting that this takes into account only a few specialties - judge, notary, lawyer, as well as work in municipal institutions, which requires legal education. To gain experience, it is recommended to work as an attorney assistant or an intern. In any case, a labor contract is signed.
Credentials of a lawyer
His work in the legal field includes the following:
• Providing advice on various legal issues;
• assistance in drafting applications and complaints or other legal documentation;
• the lawyer represents the interests of the principal;
• he is a representative in administrative and civil proceedings;
• A lawyer can act as a defense attorney in criminal cases;
• Among its main functions, it should also be noted representation in the tax authorities.
If you want to know how to become a lawyer in order to be able to perform such a list of works, it is worth familiarizing yourself with the relevant Federal Law and the Code of Professional Ethics for Advocacy.
It should be noted that it is difficult to work as a lawyer without the organization of a form of activity, so you can choose one of the possible options - to open a lawyer's office, board or bureau. In addition, it is possible to arrange consultations on legal issues.
Legal assistance of a lawyer: features
1. Consultations and explanations regarding certain legal issues, issuing oral or written information on legislation.
Lawyers who are not engaged in litigations are received by citizens. Their work follows the schedule, which is drawn up in advance. To increase the level of legal assistance, some lawyers can specialize exclusively in matters of public law, while others are better versed in criminal or family law.
2. Lawyers issue legal documents. So, during the consultation they are obliged to explain the legislation and, if necessary, issue a certificate.
3. They also carry out representation in courts and organizations for public affairs, as well as in cases concerning administrative violations. The powers of the lawyer are certified by a warrant issued by legal advice, with which they have concluded an agreement on the provision of legal assistance.
5. It may also provide other legal assistance. At the same time, the Law "On the Bar" does not clearly establish a list of services that can be attributed to this category.
Psychological aspects of the work of a lawyer
When providing legal assistance, a lawyer is obliged to investigate various facts and comprehend them from a defensive position, that is, he must be able to use and analyze certain information in order to achieve mitigation of his client's guilt or even his full justification.
In order to comprehend and achieve success, a lawyer needs to be able to properly build relations not only with his client, but also with other people who are involved in the judicial process - with investigators, prosecutors, defendants. In addition, it is important to establish psychological contact with the client, and also to compare the legal and real possibility of providing assistance, which in some cases may take the form of a certain psychological impact.
In this case, the individual psychological qualities, the professional skills of the lawyer, the level of his experience and knowledge, as well as his general and professional culture, the correct understanding of the procedural position by the defender have value.
Types of free legal assistance
Free legal assistance is provided in the following forms:
• legal advice, which may be oral or written;
• assistance in drawing up applications, complaints, and other legal documents;
• Representing the interests of citizens in state or civil bodies, as well as in courts in the manner established by the Federal Law.
It should be noted that there are categories of citizens who can use the free help of a lawyer. These are, for example, disabled people of Groups 1 and 2, persons with incomes below the established minimum subsistence level, orphans and their guardians (only in certain cases), war veterans, incapacitated persons and their representatives, minors who are in prisons and Etc.
Personal qualities that a lawyer should have
In this profession, a person should have good perseverance, since studying various regulations will have a long time, especially at the beginning of a career, when there is not enough work experience. A lawyer should be an excellent speaker and be able to hold confidently in public speaking. In addition, professional activity in the legal field requires good memory and logical thinking, as well as an outstanding intellect and analytical mind. The work of a lawyer also requires in some cases to make important decisions instantly ("on the move").
It should be noted one more important quality, which a professional lawyer should possess, is a communicability. It is also important for him to disregard any situations (even when they relate to him personally).
Advantages of lawyers to employees who do not have a lawyer status
How to become a lawyer, we have already considered. Now we will bring advantages of the lawyer status to the simple lawyer:
1. An advocate can not be interrogated for information he is aware of in the course of a case, and a search in office or residential lawyer premises is prohibited without a court order.
2. A lawyer may visit persons held in penitentiary institutions. He has full access to all the case materials and can cooperate with the investigation in favor of his client.
3. It can submit requests to any state bodies and organizations that are obliged to respond in a timely manner.
4. An attorney may be in the role of an investigating authority during the interrogation of witnesses or suspects, as well as other persons who may be in some way related to the case.
5. Only a person with the status of a lawyer can represent an organization in court, without entering into their state.
It can be generalized that the work of a lawyer is rather complicated and responsible. Reviews about this profession are usually positive, because with good work experience and high qualification of the employee, the demand for lawyer services is always that brings a good income. The only thing you need is an excellent knowledge of all laws and perseverance in the performance of your professional duties.