Is there a desire to bring a highlight to the interior? Then it is worth giving preference to new technologies. Undoubtedly, the winning option is the ceiling with the light panels. Thanks to this decision, it is possible to completely abandon the traditional lighting. Obsolete technologies gradually become obsolete, they are replaced by devices with unsurpassed design and reliable quality. But the real popularity, which greatly increased consumer demand, they deserve thanks to energy efficiency. At the moment, light panels are widely used for the design of commercial and educational institutions, industrial buildings. Less often, such lighting is installed in living quarters. The only thing where you can not use the panels, so it's in the open space, that is, on the street.
The first criterion by which light panels differ is the shape. Manufacturers distinguish three standards: rectangular, square and round. But this does not mean that you can not buy something unusual. By custom, the factory will manufacture light panels on the ceiling of the most unpredictable shapes.
The second criterion is the type of installation. At the moment, the buyer offers invoices, built-in and suspension options. The method of fastening is selected depending on the ceiling finish. For example, for gypsum board structures, recessed panels are optimally suited, however, if desired, suspended ones can also be used, if the height of the room allows.
By the third criterion, we will refer dimensions. Square panels are available with a side of 30 cm. Rectangles are represented by two options: 120 × 30 cm and 60 × 30 cm. But the diameter of round can vary from 12 to 60 cm. As for the thickness, it does not exceed 15 mm. This makes it possible to install panels in any premises.
And finally, the last criterion is a variety of shades of luminescence and power.
Light panels on the ceiling are assembled from the following elements:
- The case is made of aluminum. He is entrusted with the functions of a radiator. It is important to note that it is the enclosure that significantly reduces the risk of fire and heat.
- LED Strip Light. Used as an illumination element. It is attached around the perimeter of the case.
- Glass with prisms . Thanks to him, the light is refracted, moving perpendicular to the ground.
- Driver. It is used for voltage conversion, that is, incoming 220V to 40V.
- Glass with a matte surface. Designed to disperse light. As you know, LED ribbons emit too bright a glow. This can lead to serious discomfort. In order to avoid unpleasant emotions, manufacturers use frosted glass.
- Substrate. Applicable only in white. It acts as a reflector.
- Clamps. Are intended for fastening of light panels during installation.
These lighting devices have become popular due to a wide range of advantages. We list the main of them:
- Wide choice of shapes and shades of luminescence.
- Light weight panel design.
- Easy dismantling and installation.
- Light panels on the ceiling are fixed in three ways.
- Reliability and durability (up to 100 thousand hours).
- Environmentally friendly (no mercury cells).
- Panels are not afraid of temperature changes. The permissible range is from -20 ° to + 40 ° C.
- Comfort for the human eye, as there is no flicker.
- Significant energy savings. In comparison with conventional light bulbs, the efficiency of light panels is 10 times greater.
- Do not be afraid of power surges.
- A small thickness allows to install elements in any premises.
- Quiet operation, greatly increasing the comfort of use.
- Simple maintenance. If the panel fails, it will take several minutes to replace it.
- Daylight. The panels emit a pleasant soft light.
- Ease of care. If dust accumulates on the surface, it can be easily removed with a damp cloth.
What is the lack of light panels?
For those customers who decide to purchase light panels, it is important to know not only the advantages, but also their shortcomings. In comparison with the merits of their not so much. It is worth highlighting the two most significant. The ability of light-emitting diodes to degrade is one of the first. This leads to the fact that with time the devices lose power, the emitted light significantly dims.
The second drawback is more substantial. It is about the lack of resistance to moisture. It is for this reason that in no case can you install light panels on the ceiling in the bathroom, sauna and other rooms where the humidity level is significantly increased.
Original design ideas
Surprisingly, modern designers for interior design can apply the most unexpected ideas. In order to achieve originality, they destroy all stereotypes. If you approach the business with standard thinking, then you can use light panels on the ceiling. However, to get a bright accent is recommended to duplicate them and on the walls. Most often this method helps not only to fill the room with natural light, but also to draw attention to certain subjects. Also, this design is suitable for zoning space.
These panels are perfectly combined with other lighting items. And this makes it possible to fantasize without limitations. If we consider that light panels of any shape are made to order, then thanks to them it is possible to create non-ordinary compositions.
Fineness of mounting
The most popular option is built-in light panels. For a ceiling in an apartment or in a private house, this method of fastening can be considered optimal. Installation of lighting fixtures is carried out on gypsum plasterboard or Armstrong construction. With a detailed consideration of the latter option, it becomes clear how easy the installation is. It is enough to install light panels instead of plates. The only thing that you need to pay attention to is the size.
The use of this type of lighting on gypsum plasterboard ceilings will take a little longer. Masters will have to cut out holes of the necessary sizes, and then fasten the panels with special clamps.
Overhead lights are rarely found in interiors. This method of fastening is used only in cases when it is not possible to apply other variants. In order to carry out the installation, you will need to purchase an additional set of fasteners. In this way, you can install light panels on a stretch ceiling, although it will be quite difficult.
The most original way of installation is the hinged. With this fastening, lighting devices perform not only the main tasks, but also act as decor. Installation is carried out with the help of special cables.
Price of light panels on the ceiling
Consumer demand is significantly increased after consumers learn about all the advantages of light panels. And it is quite natural that many of them begin to be interested in the value. The price is formed based on certain criteria. First of all, this is the size of the panels and additional options, for example, different shades of glow. The simplest version will cost approximately 2000-3000 rubles. The final cost will depend on the number of elements that are mounted on the ceiling, and the method of attachment. Do not forget about the payment of labor to craftsmen.
But in any case, these lighting devices can not be attributed to costly options, since it is necessary to take into account the high energy efficiency and long service life, thanks to which the cost pays in full.
Let's sum up the results
Light panels have appeared on sale not so long ago, however they have already gained popularity. This high demand is due to excellent properties, simple installation and easy maintenance. Currently, these lighting devices are still widely used in non-residential premises, but very soon their scope will significantly expand.