Peloponnese is considered the southernmost region of mainland Greece, however it is not popular with domestic tourists. And absolutely nothing, because there are clean sandy beaches, picturesque nature and an abundance of historical sights. There are fewer hotels here than at other resorts, so the coast is not crowded with tourists. The resort has small hotels and large complexes. For a budget holiday, the popular resort hotel Aks Porto Heli Hotel 4 * is suitable. Let's talk about it in more detail in this article.
Location and Nearby Attractions
The hotel is located near the public port of Emionida, which is 900 meters away. Opposite the complex there is a public beach, which can be reached in 2-3 minutes. For this, tourists will need to cross the pool and the area for sunbathing. The hotel is located at a distance from the central part of Porto Heli, so you will not find many cafes, restaurants and shops nearby. But at night it is quite quiet here, which attracts a lot of tourists to the hotel with children and elderly people. You can get to the resort center by taxi or public transport. The distance to it is about 3.5 km. In addition, at the pier near the hotel there is a small pier. From here, guests can take a taxi to the island of Spetses, famous for its beautiful natural landscapes. 12 km from Porto Heli there is the ancient monastery AgionAnarhiron, and in 18 km - the gorge of Katafiki.
Usually tourists come to the hotel Porto Heli Hotel 4 * (Peloponnese, Argolis) from the international airport of Athens. The distance to it is about 180 km. You can get to the resort by car or bus. The whole journey will take about 2-3 hours. On request, the hotel can also organize a paid transfer for tourists back and forth.
Important information about the hotel
The four-star Porto Heli Hotel 4 * is a five-story building, built in a modern Mediterranean style. Next to it there is a spacious swimming pool with fresh water and a tanning area for the guests. The windows offer views of the surrounding area, and some rooms overlook the sea. Construction of the hotel was completed in 1975, but it can not be called obsolete and dilapidated. In 2000, a thorough repair was carried out here. Annually, the rooms also undergo cosmetic renovation. In total, more than 200 apartments have been prepared for the guests, intended for both single-occupancy and for the whole family. The staff of the resort speaks English, French and Greek.
The hotel administration allows visitors to come here with children of all ages, but you can not live with animals here. The ban also applies to guide dogs. The arrival of new guests starts at 14:00. For an additional fee, there is an accelerated registration of tourists. Upon arrival, the administrator will require you to deposit a deposit with a credit card or in cash. To register, you also need a document confirming your identity. When leaving the hotel, the deposit is usually returned. The tourists should leave their rooms no later than noon, otherwise they will have to pay one more day of their stay.
Number of rooms
For the guests of Porto Heli Hotel 4 * in Peloponnese 200 comfortable rooms are prepared. Most of them are intended for living of two adult people, to which you can additionally accommodate the child. The choice of tourists is provided with apartments with double and single beds. For family holidays triple rooms are suitable, additionally equipped with a sofa. The living rooms also have an open balcony and a combined bathroom.
Also the hotel guests can take advantage of the following amenities:
- Plasma TV with satellite TV;
- Music player and radio;
- A fridge for storing food and a mini bar for drinks;
- Individual air conditioning;
- Safe deposit box;
- Direct dial telephone;
- A set of cosmetics in the bathroom;
- Built-in hair dryer and bath towels;
- Daily cleaning of living rooms;
- Delivery of food and drinks to the room in the morning, afternoon and evening.
AKS Porto Heli Hotel 4 * complex in Peloponnese has a lot of infrastructure facilities, which are necessary for comfortable rest. Guests can appreciate the quality of local services, taking advantage of the following amenities:
- The spacious lobby is equipped with soft sofas and armchairs, TV and air conditioning;
- A 24-hour front desk where guests can exchange money, sell tickets and rent safes;
- Modern conference room equipped with computers and projectors (it is provided for a fee);
- A garden with benches and a sun terrace on the roof of the hotel;
- Mini-shop where you can buy light snacks and drinks, souvenirs and beachwear;
- A jeweler's shop, where jewelry is sold at discounted prices;
- Laundry, where for an additional fee you can surrender dirty clothes and shoes;
- Private parking with free places for hotel guests and car rental;
- Paid hairdresser.
Beach, swimming pool and other leisure facilities
Porto Heli Hotel 4 * (Greece, Peloponnese, Argolis) is located in the bay, so you can walk to the beach in 2-3 minutes. The hotel has its own stretch of coast, equipped with free sun loungers and umbrellas for guests. The bay also has a water entertainment center, where tourists can go boating, parasailing, surfing and diving. For children, water slides work. Towels are issued here on bail. Free guests can play beach volleyball.
Next to the hotel building is a rectangular outdoor pool filled with fresh water. It is not heated. Its area is about 400 square meters. Here tourists can also take advantage of free sun loungers and sun umbrellas. For small children there is a separate pool.
The hotel is focused on a quiet vacation with the family, so there are no nightclubs. In their spare time, tourists can play water polo or table tennis. A paid fitness club is open daily. A mini club is available for children in the morning and afternoon. During the high season, entertainment is provided on site, including a visit to the cinema. Outdoors, you can play on the site with a swing and a sandbox. There is also a games room and a children's library in the building.
Coming to relax in the complex Porto Heli Hotel 4 *, tourists can be sure that the hotel will take care of their food. The cost of living, as a rule, includes the concept of "All inclusive". The hotel's main restaurant serves a common buffet in the morning, afternoon and evening. You can also grab a snack at the local buffet or order food delivery to your room. The main restaurant menu consists of intercontinental and Greek cuisine. Free local soft drinks and spirits, for example, beer and red wine, are also available free of charge. For a fee, tourists visit the restaurant, located on the roof of the hotel. It serves Mediterranean cuisine and seafood. You can order an exotic cocktail at the poolside bar.
Positive feedback on the AKS Porto Heli Hotel 4 *
Choosing a hotel for vacation, tourists often prefer to first read the reviews of other travelers. The complex Porto Heli Hotel 4 * has a good reputation among holidaymakers. They believe that the cost of living here corresponds to the quality of service provided. So, tourists list the following advantages of the hotel:
- Modern air conditioning - almost no noise, and the cooling level is convenient to adjust using the control panel;
- Friendly and friendly hotel staff, helping tourists to settle in the resort;
- Spacious and always clean pool, and on the terrace there are always free sunbeds;
- In the rooms is always cleaned, and on the balcony there is a clothes dryer;
- A free bus runs every half an hour to a good stretch of beach;
- An entertainment program for children - there are mass games, watching movies in the fresh air.
Negative reviews about Porto Heli Hotel 4 *
However, some tourists are still unhappy with the rest in this place. They warn other travelers and do not recommend people to settle here. In their responses they point to the following shortcomings of the complex:
- Old furniture in the rooms, worn plumbing in the bathroom;
- The beach area next to the hotel is small, and the sea is dirty and shallow, so tourists are forced to rest away from the hotel;
- A small buffet is served in the restaurant, so if you come for breakfast later, you can stay without food;
- Some of the guests are accommodated in rooms located in the basement where there are no windows;
- Increased humidity and unpleasant odor in some rooms;
- Some of the guests complained about the presence in the room of cockroaches and other insects.
Is it worth to come to this hotel on vacation?
The Porto Heli Hotel 4 * is a good option for tourists looking for a peaceful holiday in a quiet location. It is suitable for elderly travelers and families with children. Its advantages include good location, friendly staff and low cost of living. However, the hotel needs to be renovated, so if the internal condition of the room is an important criterion for you, then it is better to choose another hotel.