Marketing activities are designed to help the company in making a profit by providing production of goods that will be attractive from the point of view of the consumer. For these purposes, both external and internal marketing environment serves. The activities of marketing departments depend on many factors that exert influence from outside. This is the microenvironment of the enterprise, that is, those components that relate directly to the firm itself and can be controlled from within the company. This is also a macro environment - that is, factors that can not be controlled, do not depend on the actions of the company, but can exert an unexpected and spontaneous tsunami-like action on its activities. In this regard, a special study of these factors is required to predict the events and identify a threat that can cause unexpected failures in the company's activities.
Macromedia of the company for its study requires analysis of the capabilities of the enterprise, the position that the company occupies in the market and the analysis of market segmentation. The necessary information about the macro environment, which is independent of the enterprise and not controlled by it, can be obtained from various sources: published documents, information on Internet sites, as well as through the purchase of research conducted by relevant companies.
Macromedia has such a feature that it can not be seen, it can not be influenced, but it can be taken into account and predicted. These include:
- Political, which must take into account government stability, state regulation of entrepreneurship and competition in industries, changes in legislation.
- The economic factor that determines the purchasing power of the consumer, the exchange rate, the level of inflation, unemployment, household incomes, taxation, lending, the cost of the consumer basket and the price of energy.
- Demographic factor. Here the role is played by separation according to the sex and age characteristics of the population. The size of the population and the level of migration are important. And also the division into rural and urban regions is taken into account.
- The macro environment also contains a social factor that takes into account the attitude of people towards work, its position in relation to the state, the quality of life, the activity of the consumer,
- Scientific and technical factors are most capable to influence marketing activity, as new technologies constantly appearing in production create new markets. In this regard, it is necessary to be able to timely adjust and master new methods and more promising products.
All these factors together determine the marketing activities of the enterprise. Before you start collecting information, which is a macro environment, you need to make a list to clearly understand what data you need to get. Then it is necessary to determine which resources will be used as sources for obtaining information. These may be statistics committees, general economic journals and newspapers, Internet resources - industry portals, specialized companies' websites that publish market and research surveys, and portals that sell finished research.
After the necessary information is collected, it is necessary to evaluate the available documents, to what extent you can trust the information contained in them, to evaluate the authors who created the documents and their competence in this matter, the time of gathering information on its relevance.
Proceeding from the foregoing, it becomes clear that both the company's macro environment and its internal component are intertwined in the most direct way and require careful research and analysis. After all, the external environment contains the necessary resources, as well as opportunities for the successful development of the company. And, accordingly, its analysis is the most important tool in the marketing activity of the enterprise.